Mansfield, Texas Divorce Attorney
Every divorce (dissolution of marriage) is unique and deserves the attention of a dedicated attorney. At the law offices of Karen Cushman, P.C., we take the time to get to know you and your divorce situation. Then, we implement creative solutions to protect your interests. We handle all matters related to divorce, including child custody, child support, spousal support, property division and more.
At our law office, we understand that divorce is a stressful transition, even if your divorce is amicable/friendly. We focus our legal practice on helping individuals and families make it through this transition as quickly and painlessly as possible. To speak with an experienced and compassionate attorney about your divorce, contact Karen Cushman, P.C. Link to Contact Us Located in Arlington, Texas, we represent clients throughout the Mid-Cities Region and Tarrant County.
Help Making the Tough Decisions
There are many decisions you will have to make during a divorce. Should you bring your case to court or go through the collaborative divorce process? How should you divide property? Who should take care of the kids?
- Separation agreement: We help clients file for legal separation.
- Uncontested divorce/simple divorce: Divorcing spouses that agree to everything in a divorce can sign a divorce agreement and have that agreement approved by a judge.
- Contested divorce: When divorcing spouses do not agree, they can choose between multiple court processes, including settlement agreements, mediation, arbitration, collaborative law and divorce court.
- Temporary orders: The court may order temporary child support, child custody, spousal support and protection orders when they are necessary to preserve property and protect the parties during a divorce.
- Divorce issues related to children: Child support, child custody and visitation (conservatorship and access) are decided during a divorce.
- Spousal support/alimony: Temporary or permanent spousal support may be ordered to help the supported spouse maintain the standard of living they had during marriage and/or become self-supporting.
- Property issues: We help clients with property division, complex property division and home and business valuations.
Fathers' Rights in Divorce
In divorce proceedings, fathers' interests often take back seat to what the mother wants for the children. At Karen Cushman, P.C., we stand up for fathers' rights. You have a right to see your children and an equal right to petition for child custody. If you are facing harassment or discrimination related to your parenting rights and responsibilities (child custody, visitation, child support), we can help you petition the court for fair treatment and custody/support modifications.
For family law representation with a high degree of personal attention, contact us at our law offices in Arlington, Texas, to schedule a free 20-minute consultation with a knowledgeable divorce lawyer. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.