Family Law Attorney in Dallas-Fort Worth
Helping Individuals and Families through Divorce
At the law offices of Karen Cushman, P.C. in Arlington, we handle all matters related to or arising out of divorce as well as other family law matters, including modifications and custody cases. We understand the emotional strain that family law disputes can bring, and we take a caring and compassionate approach to resolving your issues. Nonetheless, we will be firm and aggressive when protecting your interests.
Contact us to set up a free 20-minute consultation. Located in Arlington, Texas, we represent clients throughout Tarrant County and the Mid-Cities region.
Our Family Law Practice
In our divorce and family law practice, we work with clients at all stages of their family problem, from the decision to file for divorce and determining temporary custody, visitation and support through mediation, to trial and requests for enforcement or modification of orders, if necessary.
Our firm is fully trained in collaborative law, and we encourage clients to utilize this approach to amicably resolve family law disputes. However, we have extensive experience in the traditional family law process and will work with you to use whatever means best meets your needs.
Our Texas family law practice includes:
- Child custody and visitation: We will help you structure custody and visitation arrangements that are in the best interest of your children while protecting your rights as a parent. We also work with grandparents and other non-parents who seek custody and visitation rights.
- Child support: We will ensure that the Texas child support guidelines are properly applied and that your interests are properly represented in child support establishment, enforcement and modification proceedings.
- Spousal support/alimony (temporary or post decree maintenance): We will help you determine whether temporary spousal support is warranted and, if so, the amount, frequency and length of payments. We also help individuals bring spousal support modifications.
- The equitable distribution of marital property: We will work with you to establish an agreement for the division of marital assets, including real estate, investments, retirement funds and business assets. If no agreement is reached, we will present your case in court to maximize your property award.
- Prenuptial agreements. If you are bringing significant assets into a marriage or want to protect the rights of children from a previous marriage, we can help you meet your objectives with a prenuptial agreement.
- Paternity disputes. We work with men and women who seek to support or refute a finding of biological fatherhood, whether for support or visitation purposes.
- Adoption proceedings. We handle all matters related to a stepparent adoption as well as other adoptions on a case by case basis.
Our goal, when handling your family law matter, is always to attempt to resolve your problem with the least amount of disruption to your family. At the same time, however, we understand the importance of covering all our bases so that we avoid conflict in the future.
For legal representation with a high degree of personal attention, contact our offices to schedule a free 20-minute consultation with a knowledgeable lawyer. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.