Arlington Child Support Modification Lawyer

Mansfield Child Custody Modification Advocate

At the Texas Law Offices of Karen Cushman, P.C., we understand how life events can drastically affect a person's ability to maintain court-ordered obligations. If you or your ex-spouse has experienced a substantial change in circumstances, we can help you pursue a post-divorce modification.

This legal tool helps you to revise current court orders when it is in the best interest of the children. You can achieve a modification for:

Our law firm has represented parents from both sides of the issue — those pursuing modifications and those against modifications. We recognize the benefits of both parties coming together peaceably to revise their agreements without involving court decisions. However, we also understand that certain situations can require court involvement. We can discuss your situation and expectations and tailor our representation to your needs.

Thorough Review

Our Arlington child support modification attorney, Karen Cushman, has years of experience practicing law. She has assembled a skilled legal team dedicated to providing a thorough review to help you pursue your goals. We understand how financial and medical hardships can prevent you from fulfilling your obligations. We can obtain and evaluate child support records, financial records and medical documentation to support your case.

We also understand that you may not agree with your ex-spouse's reasons for wanting a modification. We can review the other party's claim and determine if a modification is in the best interest of the children. We can also discuss your expectations and how the law may affect your case.

Modification Issues

We have a sophisticated understanding of post-divorce modifications. We can discuss your situation and help you realize the limitations and opportunities you may be facing. It is important to note that you must have outside agreements recognized and approved by the court. If you and your ex-spouse decide to alter support or custody without obtaining a new court order, you could be treading in dangerous legal territory.

Our legal team can help you file a lawsuit in court to have your divorce orders modified. We can also help you receive new court orders through a peaceable agreement. Our goal is to help you pursue resolutions to complex legal issues and protect your rights at every step.

Free Consultation

Our office provides a free 20-minute consultation with a lawyer to discuss your situation. Please call us at 888-654-3558 or you may also send us an e-mail.